Popular Post

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

tuesday remix

i am going to start off by admitting that this is not my favorite remix. i think each outfit is fine. there is nothing really bad about any of them. but nothing really stands out to me or screams, "awesome styling, nora"! and while i don't love putting out a mediocre remix, i do have a lame excuse. these photos took me forever! it was my first outdoor shoot (and i plan on doing all of my photos outside for the rest of the spring/summer/fall, weather permitting). and it was just me and my trusty tripod in my backyard. i took all the photos while my daughter took her afternoon nap and i had to keep running back inside (very quietly) to change outfits and then run (tip toe) back outside to take the photos. it was cloudy and had just stopped raining and i was in fear it would start again. so every time i went inside i had to lug my camera and tripod back in, too. anyway, this is why i decided to use these photos instead of attempt a whole new remix and photo shoot. maybe i am just being hard on myself...

it was fun, however, to take the photos outside (finally!). beside the fact i was nervous that a neighbor would come out and see me and wonder what the heck the crazy lady next door was doing. and one of my neighbors did drive through the alley and sort of slow down when they saw me. i just played it off like i was taking some nature shots! ha! fooled them! (actually they probably now just think i am crazy)...

this week's item is a long black, racerback vest type piece. it is the xhilaration brand from target, but i got it out of megan's closet (big surprise, i know!). i never wear it, but i really like it and think it could be quite versatile. i wanted to see if i could make it work for the spring but, as stated above, i am not sure if i did! so please, let me know what you think!

the item: 



outfit one: where are my feet!?




sundress- 15dollarstore.com
belt- not positive, but i think F21
shoes (not pictured! oops! but they are red and white striped mini wedges that look almost identical to these)- charles albert

outfit two: back to basics




jeans- gap
tank- heartbreaker
necklace- marc by marc jacobs
wedges (wow. i was really bad at getting my shoes into the shot!)- steve madden

outfit three: i will knot!




skirt- vintage, thrifted
tank- eight sixty, marshalls
shoes- delicious, $9.88 store
bangles- vintage, thrifted


i hope you are all having a happy tuesday! it is supposed to warm and sunny today! hooray! summer is right around the corner. right??? here's hoping!


xoxo, nora bird







No comments:

Post a Comment