Popular Post

Thursday, June 2, 2011

curious birds:summer reading


i love to read. my whole family does. my mom has a library of hundreds and hundreds ( i was going to say thousands, but my husband is always telling me that i exaggerate) of books and it just keeps growing. every time she visits a thrift store, garage sale, rummage sale or half price book store, her collection gets bigger. in fact, my sisters and i rarely need to buy a book or visit the library...if we are looking for something to read my mom has usually got it. it is not unusual for us to leave our parent's house after a family dinner with a big bag of leftovers and a big bag of books. and nothing says summer more than laying on the beach (or, in minnesota, on the dock or hammock at the cabin) and digging in to a great novel. 

my husband just finished The Hunger Games series and really enjoyed it. he really wants me to read them now and told me i could likely finish them each in a day or two. so, those are on my summer reading list.


 megan also just lent me The Blessings of the Animals, which she just finished and really enjoyed.


 so, i have a few books to get me through at least the first few days of summer! but i need more! more, i say! which is why my curious birds question to you today has absolutely nothing to do with fashion or beauty or any of that...i want to know what you are reading/have read/are hoping to read this summer. i will be taking all of your suggestions and searching my mom's stacks of books to make up the best summer reading list of all time!!! (no exaggeration, people. this is where it's at).


xoxo, nora bird



No comments:

Post a Comment