Popular Post

Thursday, May 26, 2011

curious birds: your go-to hair product

i have been having one of those bad hair weeks. i think it's a mixture of hormones and 'that place in time where you are growing your bangs out and it's all you can do to not cut them' feeling. and for some reason, it's affecting my whole week. i am aware that long bangs are a very minor problem...it really shouldn't affect my whole week, but did i mention hormones? here's the deal, i don't have great hair. i always joke that in my family of five sisters, i am the runt. my parents are beautiful people, don't get me wrong...but if you can find any flaws in them, you can bet they passed them down to me, and only me. ok, that's being a little extreme *hormones*. i did however, get the runt genes for hair. my four sisters have the most beautiful thick and naturally curly hair. you have seen nora...did you know that she just lets her hair air dry? that's all, and it look so beautiful every day. me, i got the thin, fine, half straight/half curly hair. don't get me wrong, when i actually do style my hair, i love it. it is naturally shiny and it always looks healthy. i think my problem is that i don't actually style my hair. does anyone want to come over every morning and do my hair? i sure would appreciate it, and i'd be willing to pay you in lemon ricotta pancakes. every morning.

my troubles started this week when i tried to bike to work on monday. normally, i wash my hair, leave it wet to bike to work and then dry it/style it at the gym at work. i was on my merry way to work when my bike tire decided to pop – in a gunshot sound sort of way. so i was stuck walking home, lame bike in tow. by the time i got home, my hair was half dry and frizzy, and i had no time to do anything about it because i was already late for work. i felt icky all day, which led me to my shopping spree on monday night.

i have been hearing about moroccan oil all over the place. how wonderful it is, how amazing it works...like it's some sort of wonder oil. i am a sucker for beauty products...if you tell me this will get rid of my wrinkles, i'll buy it. if you tell me some fancy exotic oil will make my hair look like one of the kardashian sisters, i'll buy it. which is exactly what i did. i went straight to the store and bought this oil. ok, i went straight to three stores until i finally found a version of what i was looking for.  i have heard that the "true" moroccan oil is the best. but i couldn't find it anywhere and i didn't have time to keep looking. so when i got to sally beauty supply and found this stuff, i snatched it up. it's called one 'n only argan oil. yes, it's a silicone-based product, but so it the real moroccan oil. i can't compare it to the real moroccan oil, because i've never tried it. i can say, however, that i love this stuff. i wish i would have taken a before picture (ok, that's a lie) because my hair looked truly atrocious before i put the oil in it. here is the after picture. it was after work, after working out, after shopping and stopping everywhere trying to find this oil. most importantly, it was after the bad air-dried, frizz walk home with the bad bike...

see – shiny, not frizzy...i even look happy!

the next day, i decided to wash and dry my hair straight and use the oil to see how it works. still loved it. and this morning, i went for a run, didn't wash my hair, added a titch more oil, and voila..still looks good. somehow this oil does not make your hair greasy or heavy. rather, it makes your hair soft and shiny. i honestly have been petting my hair every five minutes at work. ok, that sounds creepy. but you get the idea.

so, since i'm a sucker for products, and i don't have the best hair in the world, i want your advice. what is your go-to hair product? what do you love love love and use every day? i can't wait to hear your answers....and yes, i will most likely be back at sally beauty supply tonight!

xoxo,
megan bird

No comments:

Post a Comment