Popular Post

Friday, March 4, 2011

look mom, i'm wearing yellow!

i love yellow. it's springy and feminine and such a lovely color. i love it on walls, on linens, on other people...not on me. but when i was thrifting last weekend, i found this cute little jacket for $.99. i couldn't help myself. i decided to step out of my comfort zone. 

does anyone know the book "color me beautiful"? my mom read it in the 80s and she still religiously follows it – she's an autumn, i'm a winter. i believe autumns are meant to wear this color yellow, not winters. i am more suited towards blues and reds. it wasn't until about a year ago that we forced our mom to wear black and she realized that she, in fact, looks beautiful in black! so suck it, color me beautiful, we are all rebelling! 

i digress. i stepped out of my comfort zone and bought the yellow jacket. and. i. love. it.

are there any colors that you wish you could wear, but never do?

xoxo,
megan bird

No comments:

Post a Comment